Hard to believe it’s been 6 months since my last autocross event, but this year has been going by really quickly, with lots of track days and issues with the car. I took this chance to get in a nice, simple, problem-free autocross and to bed in the new front pads. Thankfully, that’s exactly how this event went.
I’m definitely a little rusty, but without any of the heavy hitters in the class I was able to get first in raw-time, albeit with some cones. I think the car itself felt great. Transitions, sweepers, and especially coming out of corners, the car shined. On the latter, it was easy to get enough power oversteer for the exact amount of yaw I needed. The only place the car struggled a little was in slaloms, where in general the car felt unstable. It’s always felt that way to a degree, and I would probably put the front sway bar back on to help with some of that, or maybe back off the shocks in front and rear.
Not much else to say about the event, just getting ready for the last track day of the year – and then hopefully some autocross after that.
Set Up (Evo):
- Ohlins DFV (Custom valved); Shocks 5/7
- OEM FSB 4/5; WL 26mm RSB: Medium
- RE-ACD: Gravel; ATS 1-way CH Front Differential; ATS 1.5-way CH Rear Differential
- Camber at -3.5, -2.5 rear, 0 Toe F/R
- Brakes F: Girodisc 2-pc & ST41s Brakes R: Girodisc 2-pc & ST43s
- CE28N 18×9.5; 255/35-18 Falken RT660
- 2021 Evo: 18 autox runs, 25 track sessions (7/7 on Falkens)
2021 Event Count: 2 Autox, 5 Track Days