Finally able to take the M3 out for the first event of the year. Was not intentional, but due to the tweaks I’ve been making to the Evo for track, I would end up using autocross as a tnt for the car to make sure everything was operating smoothly. This turned out to be the right call, as the Evo blew a hard-to-reach intercooler pipe at the last autocross, something that would have been difficult for me to handle out of town at a track day.
The M3 felt great – well balanced with good amount of oversteer and understeer on tap depending on my inputs with the car. Despite being my first event of the year in the M3, I did uncharacteristically well in the car. Obviously, it’s not like I haven’t been driving at all – I have been driving all year, so the only things to adjust to were the car’s balance and throttle control. The other thing was given how simple & short the course was, having 414hp or so with a tall second gear really helped me here. Wound up first in class and third in index overall, probably one of my best finishes.
- FS Prep, stock
- Regular mode (Not M), Power on 0, EDC on 2, Traction off
- Apex 18×9+30 F, 18×10 +25 R, 275/35-18 RE71Rs
- Camber at -1.6 F, -1.6 R, 0-toe F, 1/32nd toe-in R
- At 1/2 Tank
- 35psi all around on RE71Rs
- Car feels good, balanced
- Need to be smooth on throttle – upsetting the car early in the run seems to upset it for the rest of the run
- Look ahead and through corners
- 2019 Track days (0)
- 2019 Runs (3 on M3, 55 runs on RE71Rs)
2019 Run Count: 23 (+3 M3)