Last event of the year for stlsolo, the 9th event was canceled. Not a great event for me, I spent the first 3 runs on overinflated tires before realizing I usually run 33/31, instead of 35-36 square like I do on the Evo. I also didn’t walk the course, as I didn’t come in in the morning… The M3 was a bit easier to control after dropping the pressures, and I dropped another tenth on my 4th run. On the 5th run, I didn’t brake enough for the back right hander and cost me quite a bit of time. Otherwise I think I would have picked up a half second or so. Next year will be my first full year on the M3, and am hoping to get a lot more autox seat time in this car to really nail down the handling dynamics and get comfortable pushing it.
Things to work on (M3):
- Smoother throttle control, but be more aggressive with it early on
- Quicker in slaloms/transitions, maintain steady throttle in slaloms
- Get comfortable getting close to the limit, ease off slowly but quickly
- Look ahead more, smoother steering, close to cones
- More brakes when needed, less when not
- 1/4 tank
- Camber at -1.6, -1.6 rear, 0 toe front 1/32 toe-in rear
- M Mode, Power mode off, DSC Off, Shocks on hard setting.
- 9,513 Pax Points
- 2018 Runs in Car & on Tires: 33 (+5 RE71Rs, 39 on Tires)
2018 Run Count: 86 (+5 M3)