Boeing’s 5th event at Family Arena today. Had hoped the Evo would be ready to test n tune the new diff out, but unfortunately neither the diff nor the new FMIC were ready anyway – which is why it’s always nice to have a “back-up” car.
The M3 has been running great, with no issues. It was making a kind of scraping noise in the right rear when the car would get hot, but after pulling the brake heat shield back it went away. I had just beaten the car on the track the weekend prior, but the car had absolutely no qualms about getting raced again.
It took me a while to get out of the “track driving mode” and into “autox mode” – the latter requiring a lot more intensity and ferocity behind the wheel. I do think that track driving has improved my driving from an input standpoint, but the frequency of the inputs is much higher in autox. Luckily I was able to clip off two quick final runs, landing me first in index for this event. Unfortunately, I missed recording the last run, which I blew a corner in but was still my fastest, so I’ve uploaded my second fastest (and all runs after) below.
- FS Prep, stock
- Regular mode (Not M), Power on 0, EDC on 2, Traction off
- Apex 18×9+30 F, 18×10 +25 R, 275/35-18 RE71Rs
- Camber at -1.6 F, -1.6 R, 0-toe F, 1/32nd toe-in R
- At 1/2 Tank
- 33psi all around on RE71Rs
- Car feels good, balanced
- Need to be smooth on throttle – upsetting the car early in the run seems to upset it for the rest of the run
- Look ahead and through corners
- 2019 Track days (2)
- 2019 Runs (10 on M3, 62 runs on RE71Rs)
2019 Run Count: 30 (+7 M3)